Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dj's Hot Dog Poem

Anyone who has followed my blog, knows we are concentrating on writing skills. I found an awesome website called busy teachers cafe, and they have great tips for writing and other skills. Every month they put out a calendar, with a different writing topic for each day of the week. We have been doing it since March, and his writing has improved immensely. He was so proud of his hot dog poem he asked me to put it on here. So here it is, I hope you get as much of a kick out of it as I did

Once I had a hot dog, it was all shiny and red.
I thought I would keep it and tucked it in bed.
I put him in a bun, he thought it was fun, but when he was done we went outside and played in the sun.
It was too hot for him, he was roasting like pork.
When I thought about it for a minute, I felt like a dork.
I brought him in the house, it was all nice and cool.
A few minutes later he wanted to go in the pool.
I put him in the pool, it was all nice and clean.
But then he went to the bathroom, because I fed him a bean.
My hot dog was sleepy so I put him in the playpen. and he got real weepy.
Mom was home I didnt want her to meet it,
So I decided to eat it.
And that is my poem about a hot dog.

The End

His spelling wasnt perfect, and I added the commas, but he was very proud, and so was I.

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!