Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, June 3, 2013

Yay Tadpoles!

I got some tadpoles, yes! These are for our Earth Kids Group, and the kids will get to watch them change into a frog. They are in a large recycled pickle jar. We added some rocks and decorations for them to hide. A friend had them in her pool and she brought them to me today. I hope this will be a success. I have read all the info on how to keep them and raise them, and it isn't hard. Keep your finger crossed. We have four of them. I would say they are about ten days old and they will stay tadpoles for about four to six weeks. Ooh how exciting! I know I am a nerd.


3 comments:

betchai said...

wow, that is so close, never thought of doing that when I was young :) of seeing tadpoles change into frog, how great an experience would that be

Small Town Mommy said...

I think that is so awesome. I would love to have some tadpoles for my girls.

Melissa said...

Unfortunately they died. I think it was because we didn't have the tablets like you would clean a fish tank with after you add fresh water. I thought we had some and we didn't. Was going to get some the next morning. The water was the dirty pool water they were born in and you would think that would be OK, but it did say they have to have clean water. So if I get more I now have the tablets to take the chlorine out of the water so they get clean water.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!