Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Art Project #1 Grandma Moses

As I stated in my previous post, Caitlin and I will be doing Art together this year. Probably once a week, we will study an artist, and do a remake of one of their paintings, or paint in their style. I chose Grandma Moses, quite by accident. I came across it while searching for something else. I didn't even know Grandma Moses was an artist. I often wondered where the term came from. The painting below, by Grandma Moses, is Catching the Thanksgiving Turkey. She was a folk artist, painting the images of her time when she was growing up in NY. We will do a Fall, or Halloween setting, using her method of folk art. If you would like to learn about Grandma Moses,
https://nmwa.org/explore/artist-profiles/grandma-moses-anna-mary-robertson-moses  The piece below, and more of her art work can be found at,
https://www.wikiart.org/en/grandma-moses/catching-the-thanksgiving-turkey-1943



Catching the Thanksgiving Turkey, 1943 - Grandma Moses You can find more of her art pieces by doing a simple search on Wikiart, where the piece below is located.






No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!