Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

New School Year: Grade 9 for Caitlin

I can't believe my baby is in high school.  I graduated one in April, and this is my last child to homeschool.  I am in the lesson planning process, and I think I have the first week straight, and ready to go.

Science:  Physical Science on VHSG.  I am hoping to get in at least one experiment a week.  I have not laid out the calendar yet, but I will be planning for an Art project, Science experiment, and hopefully enough time for some music.


Language Arts/Reading:  This is basically English 1 if she were in public school.  I am again using VHSG and she will start with Animal Farm.  I will include writing topics, a few times a week, as supplement because she needs a lot of practice.  Most of the writing assignments will center around our History lessons.  

History:  American History this year.  We are skipping over the colonies, and American Revolution.  We will start with the Constitution, which is still American Revolution, but a topic I feel didn't get covered enough in Middle School.  She really likes documentaries, so I have found a ton of them on Youtube.  We also use Netflix, and our regular DTV if I can find good ones.  The writing assignments will be mostly short, and center around or History topics for grade 9.

Math:  Continuing with Intro to Algebra on Edx. and then go from there.

French:  Basic first year of French.  

I will post the more interesting things we do.  I am trying to get back into a regular blogging schedule this year.  I use the blog for our evaluation, so the more I post the better.  


Have a happy school year!

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!