Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, August 12, 2019

Waiting for the New School Year

Well we had our evaluation last week, and all went well.  Caitlin now moves on to grade 10.  We have been discussing how we want our school days to flow, and we have come up with a unique plan, for us anyway.  She will do one class a day, for at least 3 hours a day.  We will start with a 4 day school week, with one day for friends, and socializing.  The second half of each day, will be for chores, PE, reading, etc.  She very much likes this idea, and though I am skeptical I am willing to try.

Since the last 3 years I have with my youngest are most likely going to fly by, I have been contemplating a lot what I want to do when I am an empty nester.  No, I don't want grand babies, and just sitting at home does not really appeal to me.  I also contemplate, as I get older, how much longer bedside nursing will be feasible.  This is one of the reasons I do not return for my RN.  I am 50, and the strain, and stress only gets more demanding.  While it is true, I am healthier now than I was since my daughter was born, I still don't want to kill my body.  So, at the end of last year, I started a Wordpress blog, for Health Coaching.  I finished the Health Coach Certification, Kidney Health Coach Certification, and am now taking Integrative Therapies classes.  I just finished, today, updating all of my available plans.  There is still a lot to learn about having an online coaching business, but the hardest parts are done, I think.  Now, I need some clients.  I will only work with 4 clients at a time, with the exception of the monthly group session plan.  If you would like to check out my new health coaching business, it is called, Health Buddy Melissa.  There are lots of interesting articles there to read, and I add new ones each week.  



No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!