Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Coming Around the Bend and Heading for Home~!

Our school year is almost over, already!  It seems like we just started.  We have had so much fun and learned so much.  Plus new friends, new groups, new adventures.  I love new, but old is awesome too!  Don't ever forget that.

God was really watching out for us today.  I know I don't push God or God issues, but God has blessed us in so many ways it is nice to publicly thank him.  We, like most homeschoolers live on a very fixed budget, and I mean fixed.  DJ has needed a new bed for some time, mostly his fault, but still and Caitlin needed a new mattress.  As you know these things don't come cheap unless you get garbage.  I am not a Fred Sanford type, buy my daughter is. She always has her eyes out for something.  I think she inherited from my mom.  Today, she came in the room and said Mom there is a free couch across the street.  I was just looking at new couches the other day.  Ours we got from Aarons for 15 dollars, and it has served us well.  But, when the dog was a puppy she ate one of the cushions and there is a huge tear in the back, that is why it was only 15 bucks.  I thought, well I don't generally take furniture off the side of the road, but we know these neighbors and they are very clean.  I told my husband to just look at it on his way to the bank.  He called me and said it looks good.  So, we got it!  The old junky one is now gone and believe it or not this is a nice couch, they just needed to get rid of it.  So, the gentleman came across to ask if we needed help and while talking asked if we needed a full bed.  It is like new and was just a spare bed that must go.  We looked at it and took it, with brand new mattress and box springs too.  It was a blessing kind of a day, but if you are not a pessimist most days are full of blessings you just need to notice them.  That is a huge weight off my shoulders and now I can focus on other things that need repairing.  Thank you, God for answering my prayers.

1 comment:

Small Town Mommy said...

That is fantastic. I am so glad you were able to find the things you needed.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!