Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vistas In Reading Literature

This book, Vistas in Reading Literature, will be the book I use for 7th grade reading and comprehension. I like this particular book because not only does DJ have to read and understand, but there are a lot of writing type activities to go with each short story. Along with vocabulary and grammar, this book is a nice complete little book. Because DJ reads other books, for which he is responsible to do book reports on, this book could easily be a two year curriculum. The one we used last year, I thought we liked, but it ended up not being user friendly. Also, because I really dislike just textbook learning, I have discovered tons of new sights, a few really good ones, that I have now included in the kid's curriculum for next year. We have a big year planned, I hope I can work it all in. If not, we carry over to the next year. I try not to stress the small stuff. The book shown is the silver level, 7th grade is the red level. There are red level books available at Amazon, but they didn't have an image, so I used this one for the image.


2 comments:

betchai said...

glad for you Melissa, that you are able to choose the book that you believe is best for your kids, and it is always a joy to see how DJ improves his writing through his blog, you are doing very well. I know some of the kids I teach struggle a lot in writing which is very important.

Melissa said...

Thank you, Betchai. You always give me such encouragement.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!