Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Horseback Riding Lessons

I had mentioned a couple of months ago, that friends of ours own horses, and my kids wanted to learn to ride. They had a beginner care class, back then, and today was the day to start learning to ride. In return, I will share my knowledge of jewelry making and painting, with them. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. First they had to brush the horses and get the saddles ready. Since Caitlin does not yet have the strength DJ assisted Faith in carrying and applying the equipment to the horses. You need a lot of strength to properly apply the bridle and saddle. Then some instructions on steering and commanding the horse. Then they were up and ready to ride. Both kids were led around first, then shortly they were comfortable doing it themselves. I was so proud of both of them. Caitlin especially seemed to immediately bond with the horse. She is my reserved, easily scared child, but she acted like she had been around horses her whole life. I did get on, and walk around, led by the trainer, but didn't go on my own. It felt so odd and unnatural to me. Next time I will try to be more brave and do it on my own. Oh to be young and fearless again.

Yesterday, we went Christmas shopping with my Mom and out to lunch. The kids always enjoy this each year.



















2 comments:

betchai said...

oh, they are so lucky, I can see them having so much fun learning how to ride the horse, and it is a very good exchange, jewelry making and painting, wish I know how too :)

Melissa said...

They are pretty lucky I have to admit. I wish you lived closer.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!