Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Speeches, Learning to Crochet Again and Fair Entries

Yes, I am going to tell you about all of that. Caitlin was supposed to give her speech last night at the Earth Kids meeting. She was fine right up until she had to speak, and then the meltdown occurred. She was crying and hyperventilating. I excused us for a bit to gather herself. She did do it, after I bribed her a little teensy bit. I guess she is not going to be a public speaker. I can't blame her it isn't really one of my favorite things to do. She was going to do a demonstration at the 4H County Events in January. I am no longer optimistic this will happen.

The other day I went into Walmart to get foam for the kid's fair entries. Of course I had to find other things I wanted too. For some reason I have this urge to learn to crochet. I actually know how to crochet, from years ago, but have forgotten a lot. Plus, I really stink at following a pattern. So, I bought this cute book with little baby buntings and hats in it. You can see the results below, it fits the dog and Caitlin's doll head, not a newborn, LOL! But, now I know how to do it right next time, I think.

Which leads me to the fair entries. Each 4H fair has completely different rules than the others, which should be against the law, and most of the time they are complicated and not much fun to try and figure out. I can't tell you how irritating it is, and I can totally see why parents who don't enter, don't. This is our first time doing this particular fair, and they only accept foam mounting for pictures and art work. So I needed larger foam than what I had. They are now mounted and ready to be turned in tomorrow. Hopefully they are right. I have asked several times, and have been lead to believe that I did it right. Fingers crossed! DJ is entering a painting, drawing, and photograph. Caitlin is entering her painting and an ornament she painted with a seahorse on it, that is not shown.

We did do all our regular school work too, and if you can believe the first report cards are due on the 26th. This does not even seem possible to me.





4 comments:

betchai said...

I could not blame Caitlin, even us adults sometimes gets nervous too when we are about to speak in front of a lot of people, or even sometimes to just a few people. Your love and understanding for her will help her am sure grow confidence in areas of her weakness such as public speaking. it was my weakness too when i was young, well, maybe, up to now :)

Anne said...

I don't mind public speaking at all but there are so many other things that make me nervous I can totally relate. I have wanted to teach myself to knit but just can't find the time.

Melissa said...

Anne, I have to force myself to make time for things I want to do, or I may never do it. Betchai, I agree it is not much fun for some adults either.

Best Business Brands said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!