Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Learning About Horses

Every two weeks we participate in a group class. Yesterday, was Marcia's turn to host and she has decided to do her classes on horses and riding lessons. My kids were so excited they could hardly stand it. We didn't get to ride the first day, but we did learn a lot, including how to brush the horse. Faith actually did the class, and she did a wonderful job. We always walk first, then class, then lunch. Since Cowboys go with horses, we roasted hot dogs for lunch Cowboy style. In case you don't know what that is, you put the hot dog on a stick and roast it over the open fire. That was fun, and the kids thought it was a hoot. Next time it is Marcia's turn, hopefully we will get to ride on Diamond. My turn is next, and for my classes, I am sticking with different countries and traditional meals. We do a Geography lesson and then the kids get to read and make the recipe I choose. Next time is Great Britain.








4 comments:

Grandma`s Goulash said...

Hands-on learning is certainly the best. Sounds like your children are having a lot of fun while they are learning.

betchai said...

oh, so love this kind of learning, very interactive and hands on.

Melissa said...

Thank you, Grandma and Betchai. I saw a post on Facebook today that some homeschoolers are actually afraid to let their kids play outside when public school kids were in class. I could only laugh hysterically.

Melissa said...

James, I will check it out, probably over the weekend when I have more time. I am sure I can do something for you.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!