Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Easy Peasy Homeschool

It is that time of year again. We are one week away from the end of our third semester of school, and my endless decision making for next year begins. There are so many great products to consider. DJ will continue with at least three classes at FLVS, but because 8th grade will be the last year that I get to have lots of fun with his curriculum, I am still looking for fun things for him to do. Once he starts high school, he has to take certain classes in order to get his diploma. I still have lots of time to play around with Caitlin's. She will be in the fourth grade. That is not to say that even when in high school, that DJ can not do other classes that he enjoys. I just can't mess with the curriculum as much. A homeschool friend shared a website called, Easy Peasy Homeschool. I think I have actually looked at this website before, and then forgot about it. I have now bookmarked it, because it looks awesome. Caitlin will still do Saxon Math, Head of the Class and Art class. But, Easy Peasy Homeschool, I might use for History, Science, and extra Math lessons and videos. They even have it already lied out by days. I think I like the Reading too and possibly the Grammar. I haven't had time to go all the way through it yet, but I will. I am also purchasing a World History and Culture book, from the same homeschool friend. This will probably be appropriate for both children, so I look forward to getting it and checking it out. That is as far as I have gotten so far. DJ will be all done with his 4H Photography books, and still has one Entomology book left. So, those will be squeezed in somewhere. As his days get busier, in higher grades, it is harder to squeeze in extra stuff. If you are a Charlotte Mason fan, Amazon is offering all six of her original homeschool books for only 0.99 cents. Get this before it is gone if you want to try the Charlotte Mason method. I am very much interested in doing some renewable energy or something with mechanical stuff next year for DJ. The product below looks very interesting to me.

Tomorrow, we are off to Dudley Farms. If you are in the Gainesville area, they offer classes every Wed. through July. DJ is interested in woodworking and Caitlin will probably do cooking or sewing. Another homeschool family will be going with us. Then we will have a picnic lunch and walk the trails. Don't worry I am sure we will have lots of pictures. Thursday we are having Art and Jewelry Making with friends. Pictures for that too I imagine, lol.











2 comments:

Small Town Mommy said...

It's amazing how much extracurricular stuff you can fit into a day on top of the regular learning. That is the advantage of one-on-one learning.

Melissa said...

That is for sure, Anne.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!