Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, May 4, 2014

4H District Events

Yesterday, was our 4H District Events. This was DJ's first year attending Districts. Not because he didn't qualify, but because I always had to work on Saturdays. This year, I made sure I was off. It is run slightly different than County Events, which is in January. DJ did his Leatherback Sea Turtle demonstration, and he did win a blue ribbon. I am not sure of his score, because I don't have the score cards back from Districts or County Events. That is how he gets feedback to see where he needs to improve. I tried to get the video to load here, but it will not load. I have no idea why. Caitlin did not participate in Districts, even though she qualified, but next year she will be required, by me, to do a presentation at County Events. Once a child reaches 14, they are in the Senior level, and then if they win a blue ribbon at Districts they go on to the state level. Next year, DJ will qualify if he wins the blue ribbon. It is a busy and tiring day, but it is worth it for the kids to do.







No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!