Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, May 22, 2014

My Time 4 Learning Review

My free 30 day trial ended on Wednesday.  So, now I will give my honest review, as promised, for the online curriculum website called, Time 4 Learning.

First of all let me just say right off the bat, Caitlin loves it.  I mean loves it!  She just turned 10, and since we are at the end of fourth grade, I signed up for her to do 4th grade work.  When we first signed on, and I looked at it, I was not sure if it was going to be enough work  I still would supplement, but it appears to be a complete curriculum and they keep track of all the grading and stuff I hate to do. Why would I supplement?  Because, all online work, and no textbook or offline work, is not optimal in my opinion.  Having some of both modalities is the best way in my opinion.  She did Science, History and Language Arts.  I did not use their Math.  Math is something I don't want to mess with, when she is progressing with what we are currently using.  They also offer Art, which will be available soon, for just a little bit of extra money above the regular tuition price.  At 20 dollars per month, it is affordable, and more importantly, enjoyable. 

I myself, learned some very important things over the last 30 days.  For example, Caitlin is not used to testing and definitely not multiple choice tests.  She really had no clue what she was doing at first.  She didn't understand the concept of pick one answer, or some had all of the above, none of the above or just this one and that one.  Now I know she needs to improve in this area.  I also think she recalls well what she reads, but that does not necessarily mean she is comprehending what she is reading.  Another area of need that Time 4 Learning has helped me to see. 

If I had to make a negative observation, it would be that I thought my 30 days were up the 22nd, and they removed me immediately on the 21st.  Why does that matter?  Because I wanted to print off what she did for her homeschool portfolio.  I think sending me a reminder letter would have been awesome, but that would be the only thing I could nit pick about.  Since, she already completed a whole year of fourth grade, it is not a huge issue.  We will be using Time 4 Learning in the Fall, for the 5th grade.  We will not use their Math, or Art, I have both of those set already.  My 13 yr old did not try Time 4 Learning at all.  He has his hands full with completing his homeschool curriculum, and didn't need anything else. 

Time 4 Learning is not just for homeschoolers.  It can be used for after school work, preschools and day cares and cover Pre K through grade 12.

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!