Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Teaching Homeschool Math When You Don't Remember Learning It Yourself

We are moving our way through Algebra 1, with Math U See.  Up until yesterday, I was able to teach the lessons, and assist, without too much difficulty.  Then came Slope and Intercept.  Ugh, not only do I not remember ever learning this, I don't remember ever having to use it either.  But, now I do.  The Math U See videos are not always helpful.  I like the instructor, but it doesn't always click.  We started using Core Algebra 1, as a supplement for videos.  DJ, and I, both find the instructor helpful, though a little dorky, but we can understand him.  I watched his lesson on Slope and I think I got it.  I have to memorize the formula, but I think I will just write it down, lol.  Unit 6, Linear Functions, is the lesson.  Of course, you could do them all.

Every now and then, I go through my Pinterest homeschool board, to look for things I forgot about.  I found a great website to help improve writing skills.  I wanted to share it, so I could find it easier, and so you could find it too.  It is free, and I like it.  There is another one for Grammar too, that I will share another day.  I don't think I will have my daughter, write every day, usually Friday is writing, so that will give her plenty of time to think about the topic. 

Don't forget to check out my new Jewelry in Candles Store.  I have to sell six candles in three months, or get booted.  The widget is in the top left hand corner.  Just click it.  You get to pick the type of jewelry, with your candle choice. 

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!