Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Father Of Genetics: Mendel

Tomorrow for Science class we are up to our third week, out of four, of the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle curriculum. DJ will also be doing a piece on Gregor Mendel the Father of Genetics. This will be his first time going into detail about genetics. The first video below is suited towards younger learners, while the second video is more advanced. I messed up our weather tracking, so I will be restarting it with just the temp and pressure in the AM, then the temp and pressure in the PM. The jist of the experiment is supposed to show that as the pressure rises the temp goes down.

Lesson Plans For 09/21/10:

DJ:
Sign Language
Reading: Reading comprehension with worksheet
Science: As above
Math: Mixed math, addition, subtraction, fractions
Writing: The writing process, there is a video in the archives on this
Language Arts: Pronouns, spelling list chapter two write three times each

Caitlin:
Math: Addition
Science: Week three of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Printing Practice
Language Arts: Vowels, blends fl, ending sounds, spelling list two,
Counting: WS
Matching: WS
Clock work, calendar work, skip counting, sight words








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

My name is Lorie Keene and I would love for you to please review and/or suggest my personal Bible study to be used by others as a home school resource. I have a 21 week Bible study called "Pull Up A Chair: You, Me and the Gospel of John" that has been published by New Hope Publishing. You can find it on most websites such as Target.com or Amazon.com.

I have an 8 month old son that I plan to homeschool and I think my resource could be used by other families as well. I have a BSN in Nursing along with a Masters of Divinity in Education and a Masters of Theology. My husband and I have a personal blog spot called www.lophen.blogspot.com

I would really appreciate it if you could review or recommend my book to other home schooling parents. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Blessings,

Melissa said...

I will certainly look at your book for you, as soon as I can.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!