Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A New Wave Of Social Networking

If you are like millions of other people all over the world, then you love social networks sights. The most popular being Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and Youtube. Well now there is a new social network site called Beach Out.

Beach Out is currently in pre-launch, and looking for new people to sign up. I signed up. It was easy, just your name and email, then a confirmation email. I was hoping to go ahead and make a profile page to share with all of you, so you could see what it looked like, but they don't seem to be to that point just yet.

Anyways here are the good things I like about Beach Out. It is free! You know I love free! They have an automatic translator for anyone you may chat with in another language. To me that is huge, because I don't know of other sites that do that. You can have live video chat, as well as upload videos and pictures. You can chat with family or friends, via live video anywhere in the world, or regular text chat. You have total control over your profile page. You can move and adjust posts left by friends and family.

Beach Out looks very promising to me, and they offer cool apparel and gifts in the Beach Out store, with a portion of all proceeds going to charity. So you can have fun while you give back. If you click the link above you will go to their website, pre-register, and view the short video telling you all about Beach Out.

5 comments:

Anne said...

It sounds similar to Skype. My only fear would be that Internet trolls would just keep sending obscene messages. That is a problem I have with Skype.

Melissa said...

Good point. I think that is something the webmasters could think about when they go live.

Femmepower said...

Sounds very promising indeed, Melissa. I'll go check it out. I think it would be fun to use their automatic translator when i'd try to speak french. lol!

Melissa said...

Rochelle, I really like the translator feature too. It would be very neat to be able to speak to someone without having to learn another language.

Ebie said...

Personally, I am not in to social net working sites. I find it too much time consuming especially the games that are included.

There is a new movie coming out - Social Networking, would be very interesting to watch.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!