Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Feeling Behind

I feel like I am way behind with my lesson planning for next year. I suppose I am technically not, since I have two children to plan for. I had them last year, and the year before too, but their lessons get a little bit harder and time consuming each year. Caitlin's is still not too bad, and since I began homeschooling DJ in second grade, I have a lot of reference points I can use. DJ's is taking a lot of time. Mostly because I am one of those homeschoolers who does not use just one type of curriculum. I view, review, and then pick and choose which books or websites will be for each subject and topic. This is actually very time consuming.

I do have my appointment for our homeschool evaluation. It will be on August 4th, so now I have to complete our portfolios. Each child has to bring their portfolio, a book to read, their reading list and our daily log of stuff we do everyday. If anyone in the Gilchrist county area needs an evaluator, I now have three options you could choose from. One is a test evaluator, not the FCAT but a standardized test of your choosing. Her prices are very reasonable. Another is for cyber evals and her prices are very reasonable. I have never tried either of these choices, but I am leaning towards the standardized test at least for DJ next year. The other is my regular evaluator, I have used for the past three years. She is 50 dollars per child, and she is very thorough. If you are in need of a homeschool evaluator, you can email me at melissaruede@yahoo.com

Now I better go get some work done. Have a great day, everyone.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Wow, it sounds like a lot of work. I think that is what is necessary to do a really great job at homeschooling. You should be fine using a lot of DJs curriculum for Caitlin. I know school teachers use the same curriculum year after year.

Melissa said...

Thank you Anne. You are always supportive.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!