Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tissue Art, Spanish Class, Panoramic Pictures, and Purple Roses

OK, for those of you who were wondering those are the tissue art, unpainted of course. My mom left these with me, and I just remembered to take a picture of them. The kids will be painting these ones Wednesday, and making more of the heart ones as well. They take a while to set and dry, so the second set won't get painted right away. We have decided on homemade Valentine's for our homeschool Valentine's party. I would just assume do none, but whatever. I will share how they will be done in another post. I am also going to be making a candy bouquet, which I will share at a later date as well. I got both of those ideas from Pinterest, with a little twist of my own.

Caitlin loves flowers almost as much as me. Every now and then Walmart will have a good deal and I will pick some up. I put the purple roses in the two vases that my mother and I painted just last week. I think they look pretty darn nice. I have been practicing my painting strokes, in my book, each night and am getting more comfortable. I have discovered that I paint better, at least in the book, with my left hand. I will have to see how it works out when I actually do it. I have never known myself to be ambidextrous, but maybe I am.

I had mentioned before that I bought a new camera, because we thought DJ broke the other. He didn't and he was given the old one. Now the poor thing really is dying, and needs to be retired. I have looked up to see if there is a fix, but it is ten years old, and that is a long time for a digital camera. So now him and I both need to learn how to use the new one, lol! He needs to take a panoramic shot for one of his assignments. So I went out this morning to mess with it. This camera takes very simple and easy panoramic shots. No tripod or fuss. The picture is shown below. It is just the side and front of the yard, but you get the idea. He will get one of the Gulf or something really cool.

FLVS Spanish class is proving to be very time consuming. Just when we thought we were getting the hand of it, the teacher informs us that you must turn in three tests per week. Really? That is almost insane when you are learning a language that is completely foreign to you. He has already done greetings, pronouns, adjectives, verbs and much more. I don't know how he is supposed to be able to retain this info going so fast. The teacher was very nice and helpful, so at least that is good.

Thursday we did half day of lessons, then had a playdate at the park. Friday was half day of lessons, then movie day. We watched a documentary on the Blue Whale that was really fascinating. We did manage to get all three tests in for Spanish by Friday, so we didn't have to do it over the weekend. Next week we start preparing for County Events.












1 comment:

betchai said...

i never knew about tissue art, i should explore this too, thanks for sharing Melissa.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!