Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why I Homeschool!

OMG I will give you an example of what this article says, and you will see for yourself why I homeschool.

First let me say that the 9th circuit hears cases in CA and surrounding states. I don't know their complete jurisdiction, but I do know they come out with some pretty outrageous rulings. Like the one in the article where the court basically ruled that parents have no rights to say what their children learn once they enter the public school domain. Basically you lose your parental rights. What gives them the right to do that? Granted there were supposed consent forms passed out, but they were ambiguous and untruthful. To say that a public school, or any public institution, trumps the parents rights, concerns, beliefs, and just plain trust is in my opinion not just wrong but unconstitutional as well. I wonder why no one has challenged this ruling yet? Or maybe they have and I don't know it. I can understand why a public entity would want to assess for early sexual abuse, but parents should have the right to choose what kinds of questions, images and written materials their children are exposed to, especially in first grade. Do we have no rights anymore in this country? What happened to the land of the free?

Just one more less headache I have to deal with, because I homeschool. Dealing with schools that think they are your child's parent, and know what is best for them.

7 comments:

Ebie said...

OMG, this is so outrageous. And Palmdale is quite a 30 mile drive from us. I don't blame you. You are doing a great job for your kids, Melissa.

Senaah said...

I completely agree^^ http://thealexfund.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I don't understand what these schools, courts, and politicians are thinking. It is just terrible.

Senaah thanks I will check out your blog.

MissMOE said...

The school described in the article linked is acting more like a government school than a public school. Do we have government schools or public schools in this country? I somehow think public schools should be open to the public it serves--not a government agency that takes away rights.

betchai said...

it's terrible Melissa, your kids are blessed to have you as their teachers.

Kristy said...

I so agree with you Ms. Melissa!

Melissa said...

Miss Moe, they are way out of line and I can't believe it is tolerated.

Betchai, thank you.

Kristy, its almost as if they want everyone to just be robots and do as they are told. Jeesh this is America, I think.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!