Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Energy For Kids

My third grade books, that I purchased for my son, did not cover Gravity and Electricity. Gravity and Electricity, were a part of our curriculum, so I have been scouring the internet to find free programs on Gravity and Electricity. About.com had several, and then I also found this website, http://www.scribd.com/doc/1115/Energy-for-Kids/

It covers electricity, gravity, atoms, heat and sound. It is nothing fancy, easy to read and use, with questions for your child to answer. The answers are provided in the reading, and then you can make a post test after.

Tomorrow is test day, so there are no lesson plans to post.

Friday December 5th, is the first tree lighting ceremony here in Gilchrist County. They will be having cookies with santa, horse carriage rides, christmas caroling, and other great family activities. It goes from 6pm-8pm with downtown businesses staying open late. It is hopefully going to draw the community together, and promote the downtown businesses. If anyone from the Gilchrist County area, reads my blog, please be sure and try to attend.

Have a great Thursday, everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you found links to gravity and electricity, melissa. i could not remember anymore when was the first time i learned about these two forces :)

Melissa said...

I thought 3rd grade was kind of young, but he is so interested in it,it doesn't matter. I could have found a more complicated one, and he would have been thrilled. Our library has a lot of supplemental books, I found too.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!