Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Even The Dog Is A Steelers Fan, Free Rice

The Pittsburgh Steelers, clinched a playoff spot, and a first round bye on Sunday. Who cares you ask? Only every single member of my family, even the dog. All but me. I am a lowly Bills fan, who of course crash and burned yet again this season. My husband has kindly offered to purchase me a Steelers jersey, so I would fit in, and I told him it would burn my skin lol. Congrats to the Steelers, and to the Bills please, please get rid of Losman.

In my Family Circle magazine, I just purchased they had some cool websites you can visit for charitable causes. Want to give, but do not have extra money? Then visit http://www.freerice.com I tried it this morning, and you can test your knowledge of grammar, math, geography, and others. Every time you get a correct answer, they donate a specified amount of rice to countries in need. I will be having my son give it a try, later today. It is a great way for them to learn, as well as give. The questions you miss, are repeated thereby reinforcing learning. I love it!

Lesson Plan for 12/17/08:

Writing: Book report for Sunset of the Sabertooth
Social Studies: Kentucky, St Nicholas http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=23
Spelling: Lesson 13- Write each spelling word and circle the consonants
Vocabulary: Lesson 13- Write a synonym for each vocabulary word
Language Arts: Adverbs, capitalization
Math: Place value, multiplication, division
Spanish: Food and utensils part 2



2 comments:

betchai said...

oh, i will try that freerice.com, sounds fun and at the same time, they'll be giving rice to countries in need. really great.

oh, i like the picture of your dog, is he not so cute with his steeler's uniform?

Melissa said...

Yes he is very cute, I was mocking on my husband.

Missy69 on Redbubble

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!