Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, September 23, 2013

Painting Birds with Acrylics

Our Art class is on Mondays, after dinner, because it is just too hard to fit it in during school hours. We continue to work our way through the Audubon Bird Book. Today we painted Mourning Doves. We have Mourning Doves in our yard, and they make the nicest cooing noises. Mourning Doves forage on the ground and are fast flyers. The White Peacock, is obviously not a Mourning Dove. I did that one also. I have a friend that loves the White Peacock. I wanted to see how it came out first, before I put it on canvas. I have two canvas, and have not ever painted on canvas. Both of them will be gifts, so wish me luck with that. I have so many things I want to paint, with not a lot of time. Both kids decided to have their mourning dove sitting on a rock. I am trying to get them to realize how much nicer the painting looks when you do the background first. They still grumble, lol. My Mourning Dove, I decided to have in flight. I love that shot, and it reminds me a lot of inspirational images and quotes that encourage you to fly or free yourself. Mine will be available to purchase in my Etsy store. Next Monday, is the Ruby Throated Hummingbird. Ooh la la can't wait for that.




No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!