Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, July 2, 2009

How To Enjoy The 4th of July on A Budget

Retweet this button on every post blogger
I was told that Nashville, TN has one of the best fireworks displays in the whole
country. Obviously traveling to Nashville, is not in our budget, but you can see their beautiful fireworks below. We will be attending the fireworks this year in Branford, FL usually we go to Cedar Key. The 4th is my sons 9th birthday. I thought I would share some tips to help host a 4th of July party, following a budget. I got some assistance from our local newspaper, with my input mixed in LOL.

1- This is probably the best, and my favorite tip- have a potluck BBQ. That means everyone brings something. That way the expense is not on just one person, but everyone shares. I love sharing. Hot dogs, and burgers, are the cheapest to serve, and cook fast, and easy.

2- If you insist on sending invitations, I think they are a waste of paper, so I send e-invites. You can find all kinds of cool, and fancy ones these days. Also texting is so popular, you could send one in a text.

3- I love the dollar store! You can get so many great festive items at your local dollar store. If you don't have a pool, a sprinkler, or slip n slide, squirt guns, can keep kids occupied, and cool. Play some cool music, and everyone will love you.

4- Try not to serve alcohol, it will cut into your budget big time. I have to say though, I can not say I really agree with that. Pepsi and Coke are even more expensive than some good old Michelob Light. Of course kids can not have that, and you want everyone to be safe, so buy wisely.

5- Make your own desserts, rather than spending a ton of money to buy them. For me, it depends, if I am really just too busy I will just buy it, and spend the little bit extra.

6- Last but not least watch someone elses fireworks, rather than buying your own, they are not cheap. Yes here in Florida, fireworks are legal. I can not tell you how crazy this makes me. I really am not fond of drunken fools letting off fireworks all around my home, until all hours of the night. We do not ever buy our own fireworks, and I do not see that changing anytime soon.


7 comments:

betchai said...

fireworks are not legal here which should be considering our very dry atmosphere, any uncontrolled sparks that would go way out would bring us the dreaded brushfire. we just watch fireworks from the designated fireworks display, one is so close to our place.

have a happy 4th of july weekend melissa.

Anne said...

These are some great tips! Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mar said...

Have a great 4th of July weekend, Melissa!

Femmepower said...

Happy 4th of July, Melissa! and happy Filipino-American Friendship Day too! By the way,you were my top commenter last June so I submitted your blog to Trader's Hub for his raffle.And guess what, you won!lol!check it out at Trader's Hub.cheers!

Melissa said...

I won, get out of here. I will check it out. We had great, busy 4th, so thanks to everyone.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!