Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Summer Camps In The Gainesville Area

I will try to remember to post each Saturday a new summer camp, located in Gainesville and the surrounding areas. Some of these are free right to very expensive. If you need daycare while you work, these camps can be a great asset.

The Spencer House Montessori School is excited to offer Great Explorations 2011! Nine weekly sessions full of discovery for children between the ages of 8 weeks and 10 years old. You can select the sessions of your choice and we offer part time and full time enrollment. Integrated into the program is a review of reading, writing and math for our older campers. Sign up now...space is limited!


Weekly camp themes include:
Children's Art Discoveries - Monet, Degas & Van Gogh, DOT Art

Going Green - Gardening/Recycling, visits from Big Blue, Waste Watcher, Litter Pal, and the Compost Kid

Bugs, Bugs & More Bugs - UF Entomology and Museum of Natural History

Let's Get Messy - Practical Life Food Prep

Amazing Creatures - Lubee Foundation Bats and Museum of Natural History

Little Scientist - Sink/Float, Liquid/Solid, Build a Volcano

Space is the Place - Build A Spaceship, Star Gazing, Alien Hunt, Alien Dress Up

Pirates and Princesses - Treasure hunts, Princess Tea, Pirate & Princess Parade

Summer Splash - Splash Days and Water themed activities

Camp Schedule:June 8th - August 5th - Choose any of 9 weekly sessions
Ages: 8 weeks to 10 years old
Cost: Visit the website for rates

13921 NW 146th Avenue, Alachua, FL 32616 / (386) 418-1213

www.spencerhousemontessori.com

4 comments:

Anne said...

I wish I could get a list of camps near the Small Town. I don't know what to do with my kids this summer.

Kristy said...

I need some ideas of what to do with my kids this summer that is free and fun!

Melissa said...

Anne, I found this local list on Facebook maybe there is one for your area.

Kristy, most are not free, but I will be posting some free ones I found, so check back each Saturday.

Kathy Stewart said...

Hey Melissa- I don't mind if you copy and paste information from my site - but I'd really appreciate it if you could at least give me credit for the listing - and post a link to my website. Thank-you!

www.fun4gatorkids.com has listings for over 250 summer camps in the Gainesville, FL area.

Kathy

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!