Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why I Homeschool


One of the other things I love about homeschooling, is I can take my kids on field trips without jumping through hoops, whenever I want to. Today we took our second trip to Seaworld in Orlando. We bought a season pass as Christmas gifts, and we hope to go at least two more times come Fall when it is cool again. It is brutal in summer, so I don't see that happening. Though we are all tired, we had a ball. This time we got to see the Believe show with the killer whales. I am really glad because they are retiring this particular show later this month, for a new killer whale show. The particular picture shown was the whale waving at the crowd, as he cruised by. Very cool show! I will share more pictures later.



6 comments:

MissMOE said...

I love it. Being able to go do something super fun and educational is one of the really good perks of homeschooling.

Anne said...

It sounds like a great trip. We used to have season passes for our local aquarium but it is nothing like Seaworld.

betchai said...

I love educational trips, and I experienced a lot of kids become so interested to learn more about marine environment when they are at Sea World, they never run out of questions.

Melissa said...

My kids are pretty knowledgeable because the ocean and nature in general are favorite topics in our house. I encourage them to learn about things they truly enjoy.

Brenda Marie said...

I love being able to just get up and go too. We used to have a Sea World in Ohio. I still remember going there every year. Too bad it's no longer there. My daughter would have loved it.

Melissa said...

Brenda Marie, I have traveled past that Seaworld that used to be in Ohio, when I lived in NY. I never did stop though, but I didn't have kids then either. Too bad it isn't there anymore for more generations of kids to enjoy. Thank you for stopping by.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!