Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Why I Homeschool

One of the reasons I chose to homeschool is because I can steer the direction of socialization, and family life. I am not criticizing anyone when I say this, but I think most children are too socialized by friends, and activities outside of family life. I think this is having a negative effect on society in general. Don't misunderstand all kids need friends, and socialization, plus group activities, I just think there is way too much of it in the every day life of most children.

This is a weekly meme, every Wednesday, started by Miss Moe. If you homeschool your children, or have in the past, come and join in.



4 comments:

Ebie said...

I have a friend from SoCal and moved to Texas, and he home schooled their 2 kids.

P.S. When I say the wildflowers are not doing well, I meant it is a 3 out of 10. The hills are covered with different colors and the fields shining in goldfields. This time it was all green or even brown. They have not opened. But in photography we can make it beautiful, squat and crawl on the ground and take a good angle.

MissMOE said...

Ay, Ay! I so agree, Melissa.

Anne said...

I don't homeschool but I understand what you are saying. So far, we are the biggest influence in our children's life but I know that will change as they get older.

Melissa said...

Ms Ebie, OK I get it now, thanks.

Miss Moe, it is one of the most important reasons to consider homeschooling.

Ms Anne, when they get older it is a bit harder to control, but laying the foundation early helps the process along.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!