Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, December 13, 2009

How To Tie A Christmas Bow, Steps To Crumb Coat A Cake

Have you ever had an Aha moment? Well I did. We have our playgroup Christmas party this week, and my kids volunteered me to make a Santa cake. Now I don't mind, because I make the cakes much better than cookies. I have no idea why, but cookies are not my thing. I have made some fancy cakes in the past, but I always get the crumbs in the frosting. I thought refrigerating the cake would fix it, nope not so much. Well there is a whole process to icing your cake, that I did not know about. You should start with the crumb coating process. It is a funny name, and quite simple actually. You can watch the video below, to see this very important pre icing step.

The other video is to teach how to wrap a bow on a Christmas present. For my kids, I do not wrap real pretty, or with much fuss. The paper just gets ripped off, with no care to a fancy bow. However, if you give gifts to coworkers, or a gift exchange, you may want to make it a little more fancy than usual. The video will show you how to make your gifts extra special.






2 comments:

Femmepower said...

I watched it.Perfect timing for this gift-giving season!Now I can make my gifts look pretty without spending much on expensive wrappers.thanks,melissa!

Melissa said...

Rochelle there were other more complicated ones. I figure pretty can still be simple. I hope your packages are beautiful.

Missy69 on Redbubble

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!