Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Finished To Kill A Mockingbird

I have finished To Kill A Mockingbird, book one on my summertime reading list. It was an amazing book, though I thought the ending was a bit fizzled. I wish the writer had written a sequel. This has to go in my list of favorite books I have read. That is a big deal because I wouldn't say that ninety percent of the books I have read would make it to this list. Next I intend to rent the movie, and watch it with my husband. Someday my children will read this for homeschool. I did not get the chance to read it in public school. Next on my list is Frankenstein by Dean Koontz book one. I know it is a huge contrast from classic literature to Mr Koontz, but I do want to read it. If you have not read Relentless yet, I highly recommend it.



3 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks for the book review Ms. Melissa. I want to read this book now and watch the movie like you. I never got the chance to read it in school either.

Anne said...

I love Dean Koontz although I have to admit I haven't read any of his books in years. I didn't read To Kill a Mockingbird but that is just my personal prejudice against literature. On your recommendation, I will check it out.

Melissa said...

Ms Anne and Ms Kristy I have started the Frankenstein book, and it is definitely worth the read. A very much different style of writing for Koontz, in my opinion. I really am not much for classical literature either, but To Kill A Mockingbird is definitely worth your time.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!