Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Finished To Kill A Mockingbird

I have finished To Kill A Mockingbird, book one on my summertime reading list. It was an amazing book, though I thought the ending was a bit fizzled. I wish the writer had written a sequel. This has to go in my list of favorite books I have read. That is a big deal because I wouldn't say that ninety percent of the books I have read would make it to this list. Next I intend to rent the movie, and watch it with my husband. Someday my children will read this for homeschool. I did not get the chance to read it in public school. Next on my list is Frankenstein by Dean Koontz book one. I know it is a huge contrast from classic literature to Mr Koontz, but I do want to read it. If you have not read Relentless yet, I highly recommend it.



3 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks for the book review Ms. Melissa. I want to read this book now and watch the movie like you. I never got the chance to read it in school either.

Anne said...

I love Dean Koontz although I have to admit I haven't read any of his books in years. I didn't read To Kill a Mockingbird but that is just my personal prejudice against literature. On your recommendation, I will check it out.

Melissa said...

Ms Anne and Ms Kristy I have started the Frankenstein book, and it is definitely worth the read. A very much different style of writing for Koontz, in my opinion. I really am not much for classical literature either, but To Kill A Mockingbird is definitely worth your time.

Missy69 on Redbubble

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!