Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Summertime Reading List

This kind of gives me a chuckle, because I have no idea when I have not read something usually at night before I go to bed. When I was in high school I read Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Great Expectations and a bunch more I can not remember the names of. There are some that I did not get an option to read such as A Raisin in the Sun, and To Kill A Mockingbird, both of which I intend to read before the end of the year. I just finished Relentless by Dean Koontz, and if you are a Koontz lover it will be a favorite of yours too. I just don't understand why they never explained how they found them, but that is all I am going to say, read it! I just got Dean Koontz's Frankenstein book one The Prodigal Son, in the mail. I can't start it until I finish To Kill A Mockingbird which is 1/4 of the way done, and I can not understand why young kids are required to read it. Maybe it is just me but it does not seem to be something a kid would enjoy. The others on my list are: The Great Gatsby, A Raisin in the Sun, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Roots, book 2 of the 2012 series comes out in June, Twilight, the Frankenstein series, and finally Within Our Reach. That should keep me busy for the rest of the year. I also was given a whole set of Smithsonian magazines that I need to read and go through. I already found one that we can use for next year for homeschooling about the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World. It is a splendid magazine, and a great way to teach in a different way than just the typical textbooks. What will you be reading this summer?







2 comments:

Kristy said...

It sounds like you have some good reading to look forward to this summer! Enjoy!

Melissa said...

Good thing I enjoy reading LOL.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!