Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, September 26, 2008

Talk About Taking The Winds Out Of My Sails!




Let me first say, I am not a whiner, but man I am a little sad today. I was planning on sponsoring a family, for Thanksgiving, that maybe had less than we have. There are so many families, that are suffering, and while we are not rich, I want my children to learn kindness. Last year when we bought this home, we had to fill the propane tank, at 1.99 per gallon. It is on 15%, and we called about prices, they told us if we wait until October, they are having a special of 4 dollars a gallon. I just wanted to cry. I dont live under a rock, and keep up with things, but I really had no idea that Propane had increased that much. So now I have to figure out, where I am going to scrape up 400 dollars to fill the tank. I hope it will all turn out ok, and we can still sponsor a family, for Thanksgiving. I will keep my fingers crossed, and of course have to tighten up the budget even tighter than it already is, pretty soon it will be so tight I will need baby oil to loosen it. Anyway, on a lighter note, it is Friday, and the weekend for most people. I hope everyone has a wonderful, and relaxing weekend. I am keeping my eyes, on the Stock Market, and exactly what our wonderful leaders are willing to give up, to save people who are already millionaires, while the rest of us wonder, how we are going to even keep our budgets intact.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you have such a kind heart, I hope all will be well for you and your family and your plans.

Melissa said...

Thank you betchai. I heard on the news that Wamu got bought by Morgan Stanley, so at least you wont have to change banks, or worry about that mess. I hope all is well with you. Have a great weekend. We are tightening up our funds, and I hope I will still be able to do my original plans. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, yes, I am glad that Wamu has been bought by Chase (Morgan Stanley), at least, I do not have to go through the hassles anymore of changing salary and paying bills account.

I hope you have a good weekend too.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!