Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, February 13, 2010

History of Valentines Day, Lion Heart Craft


Tomorrow is Valentines Day, and Monday is Presidents Day, so we have no school Monday. This fun little craft, we will do on Tuesday. The lion head was originally a cutting skill, for my kindergartener. If you click, it will enlarge, and you can print it, to do the cutting exercise, then print another, and the hearts template, and you can make a cool heart mane, all around his head. Just glue it all to construction paper, and hang it up. You can use flowers, shamrocks, hands, or any other template, for different holidays, and seasons. Caitlin loves this one, and I am sure we will be using it many times. I am not a huge Valentines Day person. I think it is really just a waste of money, and serves no purpose. Why show someone you love them only one day a year. I like spontaneous flowers, or kind, loving words, not a scheduled day for it. Just another reason to spend a ridiculous amount of money. Below you will see the history of Valentines Day, in the short video. I am still not convinced, it is necessary. Be sure to go over to Small Town Mommy's tomorrow, it is her birthday, and wish her a Happy Birthday.







3 comments:

Kristy said...

I love when you have the printable crafts Ms. Melissa! David will love doing this one. Thanks for sharing.

Mar said...

How I wish that my girlfriend will also see that this celebration is just a waste of money, lol. I used to treat it as an ordinary day but now I had to buy flowers and chocolates for her not only on every anniversary celebration but on every Valentines Day. But over the years, I've come to love doing it for her.

Happy Valentine's Day, Melissa!

Melissa said...

Ms Kristy, I hope David enjoys it.
Leomar, wait until you have kids, it only gets worse.

Happy Valentines Day to both of you.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!