Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mexican Lasagna Recipe

I have to share this recipe with all of you, is it so good. It has been chilly, and raining, for the last 10 days, here in Florida. I do not usually run the oven this time of year, but it has been cool enough. This recipe is so easy, and good, you will love it, especially if you love tacos. I personally would make it smaller the next time, as I did not like it rewarmed. My husband, however did, and he managed to eat all the leftovers.

What you need:

1 pound ground beef
1 can refried beans I left these out
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp garlic powder
uncooked lasagna noodles
1 jar salsa
2 cups water
2 cups sour cream
1 can sliced black olives
1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese. I actually used Velveeta because that is what I had
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
I also cooked the ground beef in taco seasoning, which the recipe does not call for. It added lots of extra flavor.

In a nonstick skillet , cook beef over med heat until no longer pink. Add the beans, oregano, cumin, and garlic powder heat through.

Place three noodles in a 13x9 baking dish, coated with non stick spray, cover with half of the meat mixture, repeat layers top with remaining noodles. Combine salsa, and water, then pour over the noodles.

Cover, and bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes, or until noodles are tender. I actually found it to be more like 40-45 minutes. Spread with sour cream, sprinkle with olives, cheese, and onions. I also added a layer of crushed corn chips to the top, you could use tortilla chips also. I think the next time I make this I will also add a layer of lettuce, and diced tomatoes.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day, and there is no school. I have no lesson plans to post.

5 comments:

betchai said...

thanks for sharing the recipe Melissa, i usually make lasagna, but it is more vegetable lasagna, and i have not tried the mexican seasonings, i will try this next time, but maybe like you, i will leave out the refried beans, and substitute tofu and/or mushroom for beef. but i will use all the other ingredients.

onlinewriter said...

hmmm i think i'm gonna try this.thanks for sharing,i really need help when it comes to cooking that's why i keep recipes at hand.=)

Sandi said...

sounds really good. Mexican is the hubby's favorite and pasta is mine. This is a win win situation for us. lol

Mar said...

I love lasagna but I guess I'll just have to let my girlfriend try this recipe for me, I don't know how to cook, lol. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Melissa said...

I hope you all enjoy it. Leomar give it a try, you will be surprised how easy it was.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!