Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, May 2, 2010

How To Draw The Beach, Drawing With Chalk

DJ, and Caitlin love to draw. For Easter they got a big tub of sidewalk chalk. Two weeks ago they did some chalk art, on our back pavement. Caitlin did the rainbow, and DJ did his rendition of Caitlin. I like chalk because it does not stain, and is not as messy as paint. I have had to buy a new toilet seat because they dumped brown paint water, in the toilet, and missed, and it looked like poop stains on the toilet seat LOL. Last week I did let them paint the sand dollars, and they came out nice. Unfortunately my camera is not cooperating with my computer, and I can not get them to download. I will share them when it decides to work properly. Tomorrow DJ is going to learn to draw the beach, as shown in the video below. Caitlin was supposed to make a train, but I ran out of construction paper so I will have to come up with something else for her. Caitlin loves to watch Sprout, which is put on by PBS kids. They have a website where you can get crafts, coloring pages, games, and great recipe ideas. Click here to go to the Sprout website, I am sure you kids will find something they love.










4 comments:

jenn said...

My kids love drawing with chalk, too. I just hate that their masterpieces wash away too quickly.

onlinewriter said...

wow,both Caitlin and DJ can draw well. excellent!

Anne said...

We use sidewalk chalk a lot. The pictures are both great! I can't wait to see the sand dollars. I ruined my toilet seat by trying to dry a tie dye project on it. Tie dye stains :(.

Melissa said...

Ha Ha Anne, I am glad it just isn't me.

Jenn we had quite a dry spell here, so the chalk art lasted literally for weeks.

Rochelle, thank you.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!