Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, June 11, 2010

Fun Friday: Deciduous Trees

It is Fun Friday again, and we are on week seven of our trees series. I am doing deciduous trees. A deciduous tree is any number of species of trees that lose their green pigment color, and fall to the ground in the fall. If you have been with me for a while you know I am not a native of Florida, but of NY. The picture shown is of DJ when he was about two, eight years ago, with my sister and her funny permed hair LOL, frolicking in the beautiful deciduous tree leaves. The pictures will enlarge if you click them, just in case you wan to see the joy on DJ's face, or my sisters funny hair LOL. I was the picture taker so you don't get to see my funny hair LOL. Here in FLorida we live close to Gainesville. It has been told to us that Gainesville is as far south as you can go and still have the leaves fall from the deciduous trees. They do change a light yellow color where we are, and do fall from the tree. However, south of Gainesville they have very little color change, and do not fall from the trees at all. I miss the fall foliage very much. The video below has some stunning pictures of deciduous trees and their colorful fall leaves, from the New Hampshire.





5 comments:

betchai said...

wow, that is a very vibrant and happy picture of DJ frolicking with fall leaves, I love fall too, but then, I love all seasons most especially summer :)

Melissa said...

Thank you Betchai. I would say I loved summer if it wasn't too hot to leave the house here in FL.

Ebie said...

I love DJ's curly locks! What a great picture to reminiscent those days.

I used to live in NY and Autumn is one season that I miss. The hanging colors of the leaves.

I love the video presentation too!

ruthi said...

Oh I so love spring. I love the colors. I am from Maine and the sceneries are the same as in New Hampshire. Lovely photos.

Melissa said...

I miss the fall leaves, foliage, the crisp, clean air, the smells. I miss it all.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!