Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, July 18, 2011

Puce In A Nail Polish


OK, on Friday I gave a question for everyone to contemplate. What is the color Puce? To me it looks like a mauve, pinkish color. Wikipedia defines puce as: color that is defined as ranging from reddish-brown to purplish-brown, with the latter being the more widely-accepted definition found in reputable sources. Puce is a shade of red. In French puce means flea, and fleas are a dark reddish brown color. I tried to find a video with more info, but had no luck. The picture came from Google images, and there were a wide variety of the color to choose from. I even found a nail polish called Puce. If you like this color you could wear it everyday. It is Monday, so I hope everyone has an awesome week.



4 comments:

Anne said...

I was wrong, I thought it was purple. I still think it sounds like puke.

Melissa said...

No not wrong, Anne, it said it was a purplish, reddish, brown color. It had a wide variation of the color spectrum.

Student loan said...

Yeah, thanks for my new vocabulary!

Melissa said...

You are welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!