Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Squirrels and Woodpeckers OH My!

We are nature loves here in my home, as many of you know. But, nature seems to attacking my trees. I do not chase away squirrels, we love to watch them. But, for some reason, this year they are eating all the bark off of my trees. The have stripped totally clean all the bark from one Crepe Myrtle tree. The tree does still have some flowers, but I wondered why it didn't bloom as much this year. Well it could be from the shortage of rain, but maybe it is from the bark being eaten? I am not sure. Then there is the Oak Tree that has been pecked to death with woodpecker holes. I am not sure if it will have to be removed or not. The White Birch tree has been completely shaved from the top moving towards the bottom, of its bark. I love that tree. I don't know what to do. I do not want to chase away the wildlife but if they are going to ruin my landscaping what good are they? Any ideas? At least we don't get deer, as much as I love watching them, they destroy any plants you have.






































2 comments:

betchai said...

oh gee, wildlife really seemed to make your yard their home Melissa, I do not have idea how to scare them away but not harm them. Maybe you can call your local US Wildlife Service on some advise what to do? They may know more.

Melissa said...

Thank you Betchai. I will look into that.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!