Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Festival Of Lights At Stephen Foster State Park

Well, it is Christmas Eve, and I would like to share a few things with you before I sign off for this blessed holiday. I hope everyone is ready and safely where they need to be.

First I would like to make a mention to the Trenton Fire and Rescue. This is a small unit, but they do all kinds of wonderful things for the community. Monday night they mounted Santa to the front of the fire engine, and painstakingly went up and down each town road handing out candy canes. I wanted a picture, but they were taking them, so I hope to get one soon. It should be pretty funny because Caitlin is scared of Santa, and DJ practically had to rope tie her to do it, LOL!

Next, and if you are ever in the area, stop by the Stephen Foster State Park Festival of Lights. This is not the light exhibit we were going to go to, but it was recommended to us, so we did. First we had Chinese food at the Fuking restaurant. It was good and sort of fancy too. Then we were off to White Springs for the lights. We thought it was just a drive through light exhibit, but you could drive, walk and even ride the horse drawn carriage. We did the carriage ride, plus walk. It was a bit more expensive than the wagon ride, but hey we are worth it. DJ took over 350 pictures plus the ones I took. He is becoming quite the fanatic, lol! It was warm and lovely and from the previous pictures you can see it snowed, not really lol! The museum was lovely, and I hope to get to visit again when I can really look around. It is a nice little state park.

We are on Christmas break until Jan 5th, and for that I am happy. I have grading and report cards to do.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. Stay safe, and be happy.



















2 comments:

betchai said...

have a Merry Merry Christmas, Melissa.

Melissa said...

Thank you, Betchai.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!