Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Hunger Games and Isaac

We are expecting a large TS or Hurricane, named Isaac, on Monday and Tuesday. Last week we were inundated with rain, from a Tropical low that was way over by Mexico. We are saturated, and any amount of rain is going to cause flooding. So, we are preparing for possible flooding, and the probability is good we will lose power at least for a while. It is moving a little bit more to the west, but it is still so far away, that you really have to pay close attention.

On Friday, my husband and I, watched The Hunger Games. This is not a movie I enjoyed, nor will I watch or read anything more about it. I have no idea what redeemable qualities anyone thinks a teenager would get from this movie. After ten minutes I was ill, and wanted to turn it off. I think if you are an adult and you enjoy this kind of stuff, awesome, but my kids won't read it or see it anytime soon. I really really disliked this storyline. I won't give away too much, but lets just say it was barbaric like dog fighting. Since I don't promote dog fighting, neither will I promote The Hunger Games. I really can't believe how many people actually loved and enjoyed this set of books.



2 comments:

betchai said...

oh, hope Issac will not pass your area Melissa, stay safe.

Melissa said...

So far so good, Betchai.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!