Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, March 15, 2013

Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum

Our visiting family has gone back to NY, and Spring Break is officially over. Now I get things back in order, back to work and back to school. One of the places we visited was Saint Augustine, FL. There we took a trolley train around town, and visited the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. This is one of my son and husband's favorite shows, so they were exceptionally excited about visiting. I do recommend it if you can get there. It is a lovely little town, rich with history, and so much to do. I have shared some of our favorite pics below. I have tons more of stuff to share, but for now we will start with these. It is always sad when family goes home, but we know they will be back. You can't resist visiting Florida.  Some of the images, in case you can't see the signs, Vampire killing Kit from 1840, Lego Lady Art, Pecan Art, The Lords Prayer engraved on a nail head, the largest hand in the world with mine held up to it, the blue faced man, the man who could swallow his nose, and painted potato chips.  I was especially fascinated with the blue faced man.  If you read the sign it says that there was a family in KY that developed a recessive gene that made them have blue skin on their faces.  Their name was the Fugates.  I have yet to look it up, but I will.  The potato chip art is pretty cool too.


No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!