Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Fun Ways to Learn Math and Algebra

If you follow this blog, then you know that Algebra has been a real challenge, for me to teach it, and my son to understand what I am teaching him.  Math U See is awesome, and we both love it, but sometimes Math needs to be fun.  I have not tried this app yet, I just found it yesterday, but we will be trying it today.  The first one is free, I am not sure about the others.  Once we get through the first one, I would like to progress up more.  The name of the website is, Hands on Equations.  Check it out, and see if it can help you in your Algebra adventures.  I found some other fun hands on Math games too.  I will share them, as I go along.  Yesterday, we did a fun Math card game.  You set your cards up in a circle, or spiral circle.  Then, depending on the age of your children, they roll a dice and move that many places.  We used pet shops, because that is what we had.  The number on the card they land on is to be added, or subtracted from the dice.  That is the original way to play.  Because, I have one older child, and a child that I am pushing multiplication for, I mixed it up a bit.  You can make any math problem you want.  We did addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions and decimals.  I threw in a couple of Algebra formulas, just for fun, lol.  We don't do the games everyday, but about once a week. The kids like it, and it breaks up the boredom of a textbook.  Oh, and check out the website Teaching in Room 6.  She has some awesome hands on activities, for all subjects.  I am looking at using the Root Words game, as well.

I still have not found my log book.  So, I went ahead and started a new one.  The other one will show up, I hope. 

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!