Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reading Nutrition Labels, The Bread Group, Adgitize

Thursday is Health class, here at Melissas Homeschool. Tomorrow we will be covering, more nutrition facts, by learning to read food labels. This can be confusing for a lot of people, let alone kids. The short video below, helps, and is a great way to lose weight, and drop some of your fat intake, by learning to read the label, and what they mean. Also we are doing the bread group tomorrow. Our favorite group LOL. Click here, to go to a website for kids, concerning the bread group. You can print it, or just have your kids read it, and discuss it.


I have added Adgitize back to this blog. Not only is it good for traffic to your blog, but it also earns money. If you do not have Adgitize, and would like to join, click on the banner at the top of my blog. I am letting those who purchased Entrecard ads from me finish up, before I remove the widget. I must say though, that I clicked on every blog on the Adgitize leader board, and there were two with the redirect, and download on them.

Lesson Plans for 09/24/09:

Caitlin:
Printing Practice
Reading: HOP Pig Wig
Alphabet book: Letter J
Writing numbers 1-5
Site words
Math
Health: Nutrition

DJ:
Health: Nutrition labels, the bread group
Math: Rounding numbers, division, learning to check your work addition and subtraction
Language Arts: Capitalization, not prefixes, homophones
Reading Comprehension: Worksheet
Spelling/Vocab: Write the word, and definition two times each
Cursive writing


6 comments:

A Lil Enchanted said...

Hi Melissa... I hate to hear of your problems with EC.... yours is the second blog today who says they got a virus from it and I've only visited a handful so far... now I'm getting worried :(

Hopefully they will get rid of the offenders soon so we can all be safe.

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Femmepower said...

Good to know you're back with Adgitize,Melissa. =)

Laura said...

Melissa, there is a way to avoid getting virus from those blogs while dropping entrecard. If you use firefox then you can put on an add on that does not allow scripts to download when you load a page. You can allow Entrecard and adsense to load. I think you could look it up on Firefox add ons it is called "NOSCRIPT"

chris said...

Hello I don't Have to Worry about Viruses because I use Linux,But I do have to Worry about My Browser Crashing because Idoits overload Pages with Music ,Videos and Glitter in the Backround.I think EC should Test Sites before they are Aproved so you don't need these Scripts.Is it too much for EC to ask that the Page Loads in less than a minute on a 56k Connection.I have a 3mmbs Connection But this Does not Matter to These People,Maybe they have a Fast Connection Themselfs but you page is Supposed to Be Read by all.This is Why People Stay Very shortly on EC pages.But I am Sticking to Adgitize From now On

Anne said...

I don't know anything about Adgitize. I hope you will share your impressions after a while. I love the bread group too :).

Melissa said...

Chris I can not say that my blog has never taken maybe a hair too long to load, but I do try to remove the offending widgets when it comes to my attention. I suppose some people may not be aware, and that QC at Entrecard should be enforcing their own standards to let people know. Then if they still don't remove them, I guess they would have to be suspended.

Anne, I was with Adgitize before, and it was ok. I have noticed it has grown a lot, and I will evaluate it soon.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!