Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, June 27, 2008

Its been a rough week here at Melissas Homeschool

Grrrrr is all I can say. On Wednesday my computer started acting weird. We did all the usual clean up stuff, and it seemed to be ok. Thursday, I couldnt stay online for more than 5 minutes, and it would shut down. I spent all day Thursday running scans, cleaning, defragging, and whatever else I could think of, and at 5pm it was still doing it. So I just turned it off and said I cant do anymore. Plus I had one of my 3 day migraines, which makes staring at the computer all that more difficult. Now I wouldnt die without my computer, but we really cant afford a new one right now, and we do use it an awful lot. School is out for summer, and we dont do a full curriculum on the computer. This is exactly the reason I chose not to do it all on the computer, just for these reasons. I do however use the computer, for making money, blogging, communication, school work, nursing ceu's plus a ton of other things. Anyway my husband did some kind of recovery thing last night, and that seems to have fixed the problem. So for now I am back online, and doing all the normal things I do. By the way this virus, got through our Firewall, and our virus protector which is always on. Our virus scanner didnt even pick it up, so be careful because the protections dont always work. I wish I knew where it came from, so I could warn others, but we never did figure it out. The only thing I know it was something that was running on my computer that should not have been, and it was impossible to find it.

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!