Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tasty Tuesday Tips

It has been so unusually hot here in N Florida. Temps well over 100 degrees, with the heat index, and humidity it quickly becomes unbearable. This time of year I go into easy cooking mode. My crock pot, toaster oven, and microwave are my best friends. The grill is ok, but you still have to be outside in the heat to use it. So today, I am going to share one of my favorite slow cooker recipes, from Taste of Home magazine. I would put baked potatoes in the microwave, or toaster oven to go with it, or just a salad, and Italian bread.

Honey Pineapple Chicken:

3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tbsp canola oil
1 can unsweetened crushed pineapple undrained
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tbsp prepared mustard
2 tsp soy sauce

In a skillet brown chicken in oil in batches, on both sides. Transfer to your slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients, pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, until chicken is no longer pink. Strain pan juices, reserve the pineapple to serve over the chicken.

This is one of my favorite recipes. I do add a little garlic to make it more salty, to go with the sweet side of it. Have a great day, everyone.

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!