Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Fun On Friday

Friday is our more relaxed day of the week. We do makeup work if we need to, computer time, art and music. Since I have to work the night the kids will be going trick or treating, tomorrow I am dressing them up in the costumes and letting them have a picture pose festival. I hope to get lots of awesome pictures.

Tomorrow for Art DJ is studying Paul Gauguin. One of the art pieces mentioned to study is the Still Life With Three Puppies, shown to the left. The object is to note how Gauguin used geometric shapes repeatedly in his paintings. This one obviously is the pear shape even his puppies are pear shaped. Then DJ has to pick a geometric shape and make a drawing using the shape repeatedly as Gauguin did. This should be interesting as this is very new to him. DJ will be doing a blog post on Pool Safety tomorrow. Be sure to hop on over to his blog to read it.

Today is Health, and Caitlin is adding to her body parts lapbook with a cute craft where she has to replace the missing body parts of a face. DJ is doing bones and joints. The Schoolhouse Rock video below is entertaining and educational.


6 comments:

Mommy Kennedy said...

Hi Melissa!

Thanks so much for letting me know you are following!

I'm now following you on FB.

I'm not familiar with WBC. What is that?

Melissa said...

WBC is Woman's Blogger Club. I found your website in one of the groups there.

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by Eighty MPH Mom - it's nice to meet you!

Vickie said...

Interesting way to look at art. Never thought about it before:)

Thanks for following me:)

alvi said...

nice blog..can you blogwalking in my blog

Melissa said...

Nice to meet you too, Jennifer.
Vicki, this art book is interesting and I am not sure it is not a bit much for fifth grade.
Alvi, I will check out your blog.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!