Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Report Cards

The first week of Spring Break is over, and I have accomplished a lot. I finished up report cards today, and both are progressing well. DJ's math grade went up, a huge accomplishment. I did notice the last two weeks of the semester he was slacking off again, and not reading questions completely. This was true for both math and science, so he will need to get back to working on that in the last semester. His science grade fell, mostly because of what I just stated. He is also moving into harder science, with harder reading passages. Language arts remains OK, but the grade is misleading because he still struggles with identifying parts of speech when in a written assignment. I can not blame him there it is boring, and a lot to remember. Caitlin did well over all, and Head of the Class has helped her a lot, especially in skip counting. Head of the Class also offers them both Spanish and basic Music topics, things I don't really cover on my own. They also offer some art classes, though we do that in our own lessons. DJ continues to improve on his sign language, and could definitely have a simple opening conversation with someone who is deaf. All in all a good third semester.

The pool is almost clean, though I did have to purchase a new vacuum for it. 100 bucks, but very well spent money. The fair entries are in, and we pick up and fight out if the kids won on Tuesday. We helped my mom dig a hole for her swimming pole, and will finish the rest of that on Tuesday as well. Did you see the full moon last night? It was beautiful and called a super moon, but I will blog about that another day.

3 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

I noticed the moon and it seemed bigger than usual.

Looking forward to pics of your kids having fun in the pool when it's ready.

Happy Tuesday!

MissMOE said...

I did see the super moon. Really neat. Enjoyed your post. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Melissa said...

Veronica Lee and Miss Moe thank you and thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment as well.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!