Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Insects, Insects, Insects

We have been studying Entomology with our 4H curriculum book. Those of you who know me, know I do not like bugs. But this has actually been quite interesting. Today we are making a sort of bug's eye. Using straws that is. Bugs have compound eyes, and if you care to read about them you can here. The video below is a nice little instructional video about insects. Tomorrow we will be at the nature refuge for Photography class. It is actually a two day class, but I am unsure of when the second class will be. Since I thought DJ broke our other camera, by dropping it, I bought a new one. Only problem is I don't know how to use it well, LOL! DJ was given the old one for his photography lessons. Oh, btw I found a cool moisture experiment for Science which I will share one day this week.

Lesson Plans For 11/29/11:

DJ:
Cursive Writing
Science: Entomology, matter, insect eyes, moisture experiment
Social Studies: Map skills
Language Arts: Commas in personal letter
Math: Saxon 65 chapter 50
4H Photography: Rule of thirds, chapter review

Caitlin:
Head of the Class: 2 cycles
Science: Wetlands, Entomology, moisture experiment, turtle word search
Printing Practice
Math: Place value, fact families
Spelling and Reading
Christmas dot to dot
Social Studies: First Thanksgiving
Language Arts: Poem with activity
Link


No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!