Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Story Harbour Children's Audio Folktales




One of the things I would like my children to improve on, is listening to a story and being able to tell me what the story is about. For me, I have a very active style of teaching my children. So, once they both were old enough to read well, they both read to each other, or to me. I no longer read to them. It has worked well for both of them. But being able to listen and visualize in your imagination is very important as well. So I was thrilled when I got the chance to review Story Harbour vol.1, performed by Zetta Harbour. So far we have only been able to listen to one story, and both of my kids were very interested, so we are moving in the right direction. I am hoping these lovely stories will be a mainstay in our weekly lessons, until they both master them.

The Story Harbour stories travel the world, and tell of the virtues any parent would want a child to learn. Such as honor, gratitude, being fair, respect and so many more. These stories are not just for children, but adults too. The stories on Volume 1 are:

Track 1: Anansi & Stories
Track 2:Master Of All Masters
Track 3:The Little Old Woman Who Lived In A Vinegar Bottle
Track 4:The Crane Wife
Link
Track 5:The Sound Of The Money
Track 6:The Innkeeper's Clever Daughter

If you would like to order Story Harbour Vol.1, just click the highlighted link to go to their website. This would make a great Christmas gift for any child on your list. For children too young to read on their own yet, or children who are very much into learning by sound.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

betchai said...

I have to agree with you Melissa, we very much share the same philosophy.

Anne said...

Joanna would definitely love this. My older daughter likes to read on her own but my little one prefers to have things read to her.

Melissa said...

Betchai, I am always happy when someone else agrees with me :)

Anne, check it out and if you purchase it let me know how she likes it.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!