Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tick Tock by James Patterson

I got an Ereader for Christmas, but I haven't actually used it yet. I did download the Scarlett Letter to it, because I have not read that book. I know for all you classical literature buffs, you are probably thinking, really? The link provided is for a Kindle, but the hard copy books are also available at Amazon. I did not get a Kindle. My husband chose a more affordable model, in case I do not like reading from the Ereader. It is a possibility. Since there are so many free books I have not read yet, but have wanted to, I will start with those first. Plus Swiss Family Robinson is one of the free choices, and I want DJ to read that. Tick Tock was lent to me from a friend. I finished it the other day, and have now started, The Confession, by John Grisham. Two of my most favorite authors in the world. Once I finish that, I can start the Ereader reading. I love Christmas break, I get free time to finish lots of reading. I also have been working on my painting strokes, counted cross stitch, grading papers and getting ready for report cards. Report cards is a process, lol!

The kids are working on their projects for County Events, and the fair, which are both rapidly approaching. DJ is doing Spanish and Caitlin Head of the Class, both over Christmas break. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. On a totally unrelated topic, it is freeezing here in FL right now. I do not recommend visiting, lol!

3 comments:

Anne said...

I loved Tick Tock. I also love my e-reader. There are a ton of free books out there. I have a Nook and Barnes and Noble offers a free book every Friday in addition to all the other free books.

Ebie said...

Happy New Year Melissa, to you and your family!

May the year 2012 bring you the best of health and fortune!

Melissa said...

Anne, I may upgrade in a year or so, if I find I really like it, and let the kids use this one for textbooks. I do like not having all the books lying around the house idea.

Ebie, thank you and I hope 2012 is kind to you and yours as well.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!