Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We Have Vegetables!

Well sort of, lol! I said about a week ago that we took the root of a bunch of celery, and the root of a head of lettuce and planted them in pots. To make the experiment more interesting we planted them in sand, with some regular yard dirt and then plant food. The first picture is not great but you can see it sprouting through the dirt. The second picture is much better. It is very warm here right now, so we haven't even had to bring them in at night. I have managed to keep my Poinsettia plant alive as well. I will plant it in the Spring, and was told it will grow into a bush eventually. I did not know that. This is a very good Science experiment that anyone can try at home. It didn't cost us anything because we already had everything we needed. I can't wait to see if we actually get some veggies that we can eat. Last Summer I did get a few tomatoes, but I have not perfected that yet, and forget cucumbers, I give up on them.


3 comments:

Ebie said...

This reminds me of my science class in grade school, planting in tin cans.

betchai said...

oh, great to know, Melissa, I will try planting celery in pots too like you did.

Melissa said...

I know Ms Ebie, that is what I said, lol!

Betchai so far it seems to be working.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!