Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Art Class Homeschool Style

Everyone knows we have been learning to paint. I have graduated from bottles, to walls and paintings on painting paper. Some of these are for sale in my Etsy store. I am also painting a whole line of Christmas ornaments. Anyway, on Thursdays we seem to have a little bit of extra time at the end of the school day. So, Caitlin and I decided to test how durable acrylic paints, and my sealer, really are. Last Thursday we painted one wall of my shower the dark blue shown in the background. I let it sit a day, and then I sealed it. Of course I showered during the week, and none of the paint came off. Then this Thursday, we decided to paint things you would see in the sky. You can see the results. The really big bird, and dragonfly, Caitlin did, with me assisting her on filling in and some of the outline. The art of painting small is something we both are working on, LOL! I am very pleased with the results. I sealed it on Friday, and showered in it Friday evening, with not so much as a smudge. I might do the other walls, but it might be a while before I get to it. So, my conclusion is, water does not harm the acrylic paints, it is the method of submerging items, even if sealed, and then rubbing them, like if you were washing and acrylic painted plate or glass, that actually makes the paint come off, even if sealed. We have watering bottles that we painted back in April, that have been outside in torrential downpours that all the paint is still there and bright as they were when we put them there. This was a good little experiment for me, and of course we got to paint. DJ didn't think standing in the tub with two girls trying to paint a wall, sounded like fun, so he didn't join in. He has been doing a lot of drawing, and photography rather than painting. That seems to be more his speed.




No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!